February 28, 2009
February 27, 2009
I had a blast coloring this stamp in. It was fun for my first try and I'm happy with the results :)
- Stamp is Goodluckabella from Stamping Bella
- Ink - Versafine Onyx Black
- Coloring - Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol
- Solid CC is from The Paper Studio
- Pattern Poka Dots is from Provo Crafts's Pastels Collage Pad. I'm loving the colors in this pad.
- Button and Brads from Making Memories
- Doddlebug Sugar Coating (Aka - glitter) to bling up the Shamrocks
- The flower is a Prima from there Mento Pastels tin
- The Doiley Lace edge is my Martha Stweart border (OMG LOVING IT lol).
Hope you like. TFL!!!
February 26, 2009
Are you confused about stamping Inks?? What kind to use, what do each kind do??...Dye Inks, Chalk Inks, Pigment Inks, VersaFine, Versamark, and now VersaMagic???? So many choices so what do we do...
Well since this all confused me as a new stamper, I decided to do some research on this and here is a brief description that may help you decide what ink to use...
PIGMENT INKS <<click here: Pigment inks are oil based inks, but unlike dye ink they have little particals of color that leave a bright impression making them fade resistant. These inks usually smell some, stain and are flammable. These inks take longer to dry and actually need to be heat embossed when placing them on glossy papers. They are ideal for all types of embossing becasue of there known longer drying time. They are not ideal for water coloring, but If you choose to water color with these inks make sure they are heat embossed first so they do not smear when wetted with water. Ink Pads included in this section are Versamark, Versafine, Versamagic - but read your labels becasue inks are always clearly marked by type (Pigment-or- Hybrid -or- Dye Ink)
(*great for embossing, okay for prismacolor Pencils/gamsol, not ideal for watercolors or copic markers unless heat embossed)
DYE INKS <<click here: Dye base inks are usually less expensive then pigment inks and are also water based as well, but they are acid-free, non toxic and washable. They dissolve in water very quickly and have a very fast drying time. Due to there fast drying time they are not suitable for embossing of any kind. It does leaves a fresh crisp image for detailed stamps. Dye inks also have a tendency to fade over time unlike pigment inks, but this is the ink of choice for me when using copics and my prismacolor pencils/gamsol. Inks like Memento Tuxedo Black fall in this type of ink category as well as Stampin' Up Classic ink pads and ink spots.
(*great for copic markers and prismacolor pencils/gamsol, not ideal for embossing)
CRAFT INKS <<click here: Craft inks are Acrylic based, and water soluable until they are dry or heat set as well. These inks are not sutible for water coloring unless they are heat embossed first. They can be used used for embossing as well as on fabric, wood, paper mache, foam, leather and a variety of other surfaces outside of paper. Stampin' up Craft ink pads and ink spots fall under this.
(* I don't own these but it seems they aren't the most ideal for just card making and made for more general crafting on other surfaces).
HYBRID INKS <<click here: The new Palette Hybrid ink pad represents the latest in stamping ink. It's the best of both worlds of Dye ink and Pigment ink combined. It eliminates all the confusion over which ink to use for what surface, because it works on everything. It does not smell bad and it’s nonflammable. It dries instantly on paper and porous surfaces and requires a heat-set on glossy surfaces and fabrics. I usually use this ink when I watercolor. Pallette Noir falls under this section and Chalk Inks.
(* great for water coloring, not sure on embossing I believe they may dry too fast - I will test this and get back on this but I beleive it can be).
Different inks give you different shades of black and different image impression textures. The best way to know what is best for you is to purchase a small ink dew drop, cat's eye, ink spot of the different inks and test them all out and see what works for you :) Hope this is actually helpful to some of you.
February 24, 2009
- Kraft card stock (and all solid colors) are from The Paper Studio
- The ribbon is Offray Spoolo Ribbon that I purchased for 50 cents at Mike's too lol.
February 22, 2009
- The stamp is Adorable and a Studio G Michael's 1$ stamp. I loved this stamp
- Ink is Versafine Onyx Black
- The stamp was colored in with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol
- The sentiment is also a Studio G Michael's 1$ stamp and I masked it (as it had a bunny above it) just so I can have the sentiment only. Hop on over lol.
- The Kraft Card stock, and solid Brown CC used for mating is from The Paper Studio
- The Orange textured CC is Texture Heat wave from Provo Craft
- Edge punch for Orange paper is from EK Sucess punch border - LOVE IT!!!
- The Green textured paper is Encore from The Paper Company
- The Patterend CC is from Basicgrey's Mellow Paper pad
- The flower in upper right corner as well as the buttons are from Blossom and Buttons Chloe's Closet
- The butterfly brad is from Colorbok and part of the Friendly Forest design
- The Brad from the sentiment is from Making Memories
-The brown ribbon is from ribbon trends
Hop everyone (oops I mean hope lol) everyone is having a wonderful weekend! TFL!!
February 18, 2009
The layout is my own and I really likes how it turned out. I changed it so many times, then finally it fell together.
- The stamp is from Stampendous St. Patty Doodles and I got it at Hobby Lobby for 2$'s last week. I love bargins!!! Don't you? :o)
- The corner punch is from Fiskers, I just thought this was perfect for this card. I wanted to get a doiley type effect. It's the closest thing I had. I do have a Martha Stewarts Doiley Border punch coming in the mail soon, just didn't have it in time for this card.
- It's hard to tell in the pic but I added some green glitter in parts of the Image and on the shamrocks for a lil bling, very subtle but there lol.
- The flower is also from The Paper Studio.
- The Bubble Crystals I'm not sure of lol. I bought them such a long time ago and threw the packaging out when I unwrapped them. I can barely remember what I had for breakfast :p let alone something I bought seems like years ago lol. Oh in the pic they look like messy HAHAHA like theres rough edges or glue, they are beautiful smooth rounded crystals IRL, my camera just didn't capture them well. Maybe this pic shows them better...
February 17, 2009
This is my frist Card coloring with Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol. It was really easy as I'm no artist lol. It was Kelly's Idea to cut the circle to the lower corner and I do like it there. With the combined effort I think we made a pretty neat card. Hope you enjoy.TFL!!
February 15, 2009
Today I'm on an orange kick lol. My sweetie is doing the drop ceiling in my scraproom this weekend and I have been in there a lot. I painted the walls orange - LOVE LOVE the orange and white combo , so clean and modern. Well all the orange gazing reflected on my card making today - I'm sure of it.
Here is my latest...
See what I mean about the ORANGE lol! :) Kelly loved this card (we both HEART Orange) and he says it's my best one so far :0) I was so proud. Hope you guys like it too.
- the stamp is from Stampendous Fishy Fluffles. I'm in love with the Fluffles and since I'm overbudget on spending lol...more Fluffles will have to wait :)
- Ink is Stazon Black
- The circle is stamped out on watercolor paper using my Circle Nestabilities. WOW do I love those things. I run them threw my Cuttlebug! More shapes will be coming too. I understand they are pricey but I used a 45% off coupon at Hobby Lobby and they make life SOOOO easy. A also used a pop dot for mounting.
- I colored the imagine in using my Watercolor Pencils and my Aqua Painter. I was able to get a better shading on the cat himself, which in my opinion is hard to do lol, by using the water colors. I wanted a softer look here for the bright colors that the rest of the card has
- Checkered orange patterened paper is from The Paper Studio 'The Basics', cardstock stack. Solid papers are also The Paper Studio.
- The swirl pattern was done on my Cuttlebug with the A2 D'Vine Swirl folder. Yet another thing I must have all of (Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folders) lol. I'm headed for bankruptcy :( lol
- The brown ribbon is ribbon trends.
- The orange and yellow flowers are from The Paper Studio as well. I used a Paper Studio Sugar coated yellow brad for the center to add a touch of sparkle. Love subtle sparkle the best!
On a side note lol....I think I finally got my picture taking abilities improved somewhat. Key word here is , 'somewhat'. My card pictures are starting to look the way I want. Hopefully, like my cards, my photo taking abilities will improve :) Hope everyone is enjoying the Holiday Weekend.
- Stamp is from Stampin' Up the Olive You set (retired set). This thing is so adorable. I love drinking Martini's and I had to have this set just for this sole stamp lol. I bought the set off Ebay. It was mounted but never had been stamped, I HAD to break it in and allow it to see ink. I see me using it many more times in the future :0)- Ink Black Stazon, colored with Sketch Copic Markers: YG67, YG03 and R08.
- I cut the circle with my Circle Nestibilities from Spellbinders, Standard Circle Large kit. That was also a gift from my sweetie - OMG HOW GOOD DID HE DO lol! I was so excited when I got it. Best gift he could have EVER bought me, wow does he know me or what LOL!!! I also used a pop dot to mount it to give it some more pop.- All CS is from The Paper Studio.
Now what's interesting about this card is I had no ribbon to match, so what I did instead is take plain white ribbon and color it with my Copic Markers to match :) Smart huh? lol.- Flower is from the The Paper Studio as well and I did the same with the flower as I did the ribbon. I only had yellow flowers so I painted one black with my Copics. The brain was working overtime tonight!
- The dotted embossing is done with my Cuttlebug with an A2 Embossing Folder Swiss Dots. SO COOL. The texture of the dots is superb!I had a blast making this cuz I got to use all my new toys :0), but now it's bed time for me. It's SO past my bed time lol. Hope to be stamping more over this long weekend so I will be back soon. TFL!
February 13, 2009
I finally got my Copic Sketch Markers and lots and lots of stamps - YIPPPPEEEE....I have been stamping away like mad lol. I have to say the Copics are tough to use. I have been trying and trying, (blending mostly), and after a few hours of messing with them I seem to be getting better...I THINK?! lol :) I'm hoping to improve the more I use them ...WISH ME LUCK - I will need it lol.
Here's the Card I made today in honor of The BIG HEART DAY :0)
- Changito's Love Balloon from Stampendous. How perfect is this for V-day!!! *SQUEAL* lol. I had to use this stamp as soon as I got it. I absolutly heart this one!
- 3 White Brads (no frills lol - no idea where they are from)
This is the first ribbon I tied for card making and boy was it hard. I need serious practice LOL!. Well I hope everyone has a wonderful day tomorrow. My drop ceiling is being installed for my scrapbook room so I don't think I will be here til later in the day. TFL!! Happy Valentine's Day XOXOXOXO
February 8, 2009
I used purple as my base color since that's his fav color. The yellow was added for fun lol. I blinged up the Happy Birthday with Doodlebugs Sugar Coating, which I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!! It's a very fine glitter and it goes on so nicely and evenly. I'm not sure you can see it clearly in the picture but I blinged it all out lol.
- Changito Happy Birthday Stamp. Omg I love these Monkies, they are adorable!!! They are created by Stampendous and I will have to buy the whole line now lol.
- Coloring is done with watercolor pencils. This was my first shading/coloring of a stamp and I'm very pleased with the overall outcome tho it was not an easy process I must say. I will just need to keep practicing.
- The CS, Cardstock, is from The Paper Studio
- Ribbon is from Ribbon Trends. I bought 2 rolls, 6 feet each, for a $1 at Hobby Lobby. What a deal :)
- Purple eyelets were added for a little extra something
- The flower is actually an iron on that I purchased at Walmart in the sewing section. The iron ons came in a variety pack with green, pink, and purple. I thought the color matched well with the card so ba...bling :0)
- Glitter is actually 'Sugar Coating' by Doodlebug Designs Inc, which I applied with my handy dandy Zig-Zag Pen. I purchased a multi pack of the Sugar Coating and now I'm going to HAVE to get the big bottles of this stuff, since I was so impressed by the quality :0) I added a pic of the multi pack of Sugar Coating so you can see what it looks like. I used my 45% off coupon to purchase it in Hobby Lobby.
TFL! Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and please leave comments, would love to hear what everyone thinks of my new card :) All comments are welcome.
February 6, 2009
I just added new pics of the construction of my new Scrap/Laundry room to my Photo Album. Check it out if you get a chance :)
I never had a designated area to scrap before so I'm REALY excited about the whole thing!!! I did a lot of my working on a bedroom floor or a livingroom coffee table (I'm sure lots have been there and know what I mean LOL).
The construction is about half way through. Kelly and I still need to install a drop ceiling and title the floor so there is still along way to go, but I'm happy with the progress so far. I have to say my arms are still sore from the painting lol. Tonight I took a break from the room and decided to do Pictures in my Album instead.... TFL! :)
I created this card for my boyfriends son who was not feeling well. It was so fun to make! I wanted to make it a boyish type heart card, and I'm pleased with the color choices I made. The Green doesn't look as harsh in RL :0) Who says hearts always have to be pink and red???? lol :) I also wanted to steer clear of the typical 'get well' sentiment in this particular card and make my own.
- Letter/Wording: Cut out using a Cricut Expression using a program named SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot). SCAL is awesome. It allows you to cut any True Type Fonts that are saved on your PC. No need for purchasing additional Cricut Cartridges. If you're interested in this program it's created by ProvoCraft and can easily be found on the web.
I finally started my very own Blog...woohoooo!! Very Exciting! I'm a first time blogger and I'm looking forward to putting my Card and Scrapbook Designs here to share. I just started this blog today so it's pretty much bare bones lol. Hopefully soon I will have all my graphics up and some sort of format situated. Please visit back as I'm under CONSTRUCTION :) Thank you for visiting and have a wonderful Friday!