February 6, 2009

My First Card

Okay here it is, my very first card attempt. I have been scrapbooking for several years, and I have recently gotten VERY interested in card making. I love the fact that I can personalize a card to say what I want it to say. I know most of us have troubles finding that perfect card, plus it is so much more fun to just make your own LOL!




I created this card for my boyfriends son who was not feeling well. It was so fun to make! I wanted to make it a boyish type heart card, and I'm pleased with the color choices I made. The Green doesn't look as harsh in RL :0) Who says hearts always have to be pink and red???? lol :) I also wanted to steer clear of the typical 'get well' sentiment in this particular card and make my own.
Supplies to Create Card:

- CS: Cricut Textured Dual-tone Cardstock
- Scroll Heart: Cut out using a Cricut Expression using Potpourri Basket Cartridge
- Circle Mating: Cut using my Cricut Expression using Platin School Book Cartridge

- Letter/Wording: Cut out using a Cricut Expression using a program named SCAL (Sure Cuts A Lot). SCAL is awesome. It allows you to cut any True Type Fonts that are saved on your PC. No need for purchasing additional Cricut Cartridges. If you're interested in this program it's created by ProvoCraft and can easily be found on the web.
- Crystals used for highlighting: These are of unkown origin :) I purchased these embelsihments from Pamida and didn't save the packaging they came in. I will make sure on future cards that I include this sort of info incase someone wants to duplicate the effect.


I really wanted to add ribbon to this card, but I currently own NONE- hehe :o) Most all of my Scrapping supplies are still in New York and not moved out here to my new location in Missouri. So for the little supplies that I had - I was pleased with the results over all. I call it my, 'Simple We Love You' Card....lol.
TFL!!! Hope you enjoy your Friday and please feel free to leave comments. I will visit as often as I can. I do hold a full time job (not craft releated) and currently contrustructing a scrappin' room in the lower level of my home.... so I will visit when I can lol. My hands are full of painting, laying flooring and installing a drop ceiling. My boyfriend and I decided to do a lot of the work ourselves, which I have to say is so much fun!


HUGZ and thank you for visiting!!

No comments:

ShareThis