May 4, 2009

New Releases

Happy Monday,

Modern Sugar Blvd has released more images this past weekend - yippeeeee. YES - more new images!!! lol. Here is the project I created using 'Simply Ava' which can be found at the Modern Sugar Blvd Store under the new line called 'The Sista's' :)

I created a Rainy Day Fund box. Expecially with the economy being as bad as it is lately it's always smart to save for a rainy day (or a shopping spree of craft supplies lol). So as soon as I saw the new image, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I found this wooden box at Hobby Lobby and it was prefect for my idea.

First I sanded and painted the wood with a nice rainy blue color. I used Perfect Paper Adhesive to adhere my paper to the project. This product is awesome. No wrinkles no bubbles (it can be found at Michaels). The Sentiment is computer generated and I added a Prima flower and rhinestone to the center. Ribbon and other rhinestones were added all around the box itself. Here are pictures of the inside and out. I'm not sure you can see it in the picture but I added Stickles to the umbrella, jacket and boots in yellow.




What the box looks like open...





Plenty of room for your spending money, your credit cards, and any other items needing to be stashed for a Rainy Day :)

Have a great day and thanks for the visit!!!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

That is the cutest thing...I love it!!!! Great idea!!!

Mandy said...

This is so fun...what a clever idea.

Valerie said...

adorable little box!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this!!!

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous idea :) Hugs Michele x

Brandi said...

What a terrific idea!

Smiles,

Brandi

ShareThis