April 16, 2009

My Knight

Hello All. Hope your having a nice night. Here is a card I threw together tonight. I used one of Dustin Pike's free Digi Stamps of the week. If you visit his blog you can snag this cutie for yourself for FREE!. Is this image not adorable or what LOL!!! If your looking for a card for a guy ..this is it!



I actually changed the image slightly. I seperated the Knight and his horse, and I flipped the horse around so they would be facing each other. That's one of the awesome things about Digi's you can do so much with them, things you can't with rubber stamps. Don't get me wrong I LOVE MY RUBBA lol, but if you haven't tried a digi ...give it a shot. I was hooked instantly lol.

I made this card for my Boyfriend. He has been so extra sweet to me and he's been very supportive. I wanted to give him something special. I'm not sure you can tell in the photo but that background paper I used from Provocraft is to die for lol. It's shiney and embossed and I thought it was just perfect for this card. The sentiment was computer generated. I chalked around the edges to make it stand out some (I usally sponge on ink, but I'm trying new things here and there).



I colored the images using Prismacolor Pencils and OMS. I'm starting to REALLY love working with these pencils. It's my fav way to color for now lol. I figure why change a good thing :)

Hope you are all having a wonderful evening! Thanks for visiting.


HUGZ - DEE

5 comments:

Michele Roos said...

Fabulous card. Love the images and the colours you've used. Congrats on the DT for Modern Sugar, I got through also :) Hugs Michele x

Wendy said...

Great job with this image Dee!! I have it sitting on my scrap table, colored and cut, but that's as far as I seem able to get! You've done a beautiful job with it! I love it! :)

Brandi said...

This is so awesome! I love Dustin's images and you have certainly done this one proud! Congrats on the Modern Sugar DT!

Zarah said...

That's soooo cute!

Dustin Pike said...

I love this card and the fact *sniff* that you split him up from his horse, *sniff* I can't believe they could be seperated *sniff* *Sniff*... All kidding aside it looks great and I hope you will inspire some of those afraid to dip their toes in the "digi" waters to jump right in...

ShareThis