June 4, 2013

TCP Tuesday - The More The Merrier Challenge :)

Hi guys,

I created this card for fun, but am going to submit it to this month's TCP Challenge, The More the Merrier. The more embellishments the merrier!! I have a ton going on in June so I wanted to get mine in early :)

HERE IS MY CARD:



I used The Cat's Pajamas: Kick some Grass. This is a 5"x5" card base.

The set is from last summer, but I never got to use it til today. I absolutely love the bunny stamps, I have almost all of them. I just need the winter ones that are currently out of stock, and then I will be caught up on my collection.

 The image is colored in Copics with Memento Black Tuxedo Ink. The paper pack I used I purchased at Joann's on clearance for $3.99 USD. Kathy Davis's Happiness pack. It is currently still on clearance at JoAnn.com and it's a gorgeous pack. The designs are only printed on one side, but the cardstock quality is excellent. I'm so glad I grabbed it now. I also grabbed the coordinating brads and buttons from the set, as they were also 50% off. 


I paper pieced his nose, which is always by favorite part of the bunny images. The nose is so cute and adorable! I added Stickles and rhinestones to the flowers, and flower soft to the grass. I later added the felt grass using the TCP's Grass Die and kind of covered up the flower soft doing so, but it still all worked. I added Prima Flowers which I colored with my copics to matching colors.


The ribbon is from Really Reasonable Ribbon. It was from the monthly ribbon collection pack from a really long time back. It was the perfect match for these papers. Finally, I added some sugar coated brads and some twine to complete the card. I most definitely piled on the embellishments.

Here is a list of what I 'piled' on lol...

Prima Flowers
Sugar Coated Brads
Flower Soft
Ribbon
Button
Twine
Stickles
Rhienstones
Paper Piecing
Grass Die in Felt
Several Cardstock Layers 


I left the inside very simple so it would close properly.


This sheet was part of the pack and perfect for the inside of the card. I love the saying - Create a Life you Love. I then used another stamp from the Kick Grass set and stamped that on white across the top. 

I only just started adding insides to my cards, so this is a first. I just think the card looks so much better that way and more complete. Some of the changes you will see on my cards on a go forward are the sizes. I use to make 6"x6" cards, but they were just way too large and taking up way too much paper. I have cut down my cards to 4 1/4" x 5.5  or 5" x 5" (to accommodate larger stamps like this one).

Hope you guys like this one :)

1 comment:

cairn1 said...


What a cute card, love the colors; it makes you feel happy!

ShareThis