August 31, 2011

YNSC50 - Song Inspiration


Hi Everyone,

I'm so excited about this weeks challenge over at the YNS Challenge Blog. This weeks challenge is to create a card inspired by a song. How fun is that!!! Make sure you include a youtube link for the song that inspired you. I'm so excited about visiting all the DT's posts to see what everyone has done. I'm also looking forward to what the rest of you have in store for this awesome challenge. Let's have fun rocking out to some music today :) 

This week for my card I used the cute Teacher Fhiona Stamp Set.  I know a lot of us experienced our little ones hustling back to school the past weeks, so I thought it was the perfect time to ink up this stamp.



I used Stickles for the letters and added a little Glossy Accents on the apple in her hair band. Too tempting not to bling her out for her first day back at school.





I also had some fun and created an apple with a button. Very simple to do if you don't have an apple button.




I had a blast making this card. The song that I was inspired by is Back to School Again from Grease 2.  I know I'm dating myself here LOL, but I always think about this song when I think about school. I love this little clip from the movie Grease 2 and it brings back some serious giggles.






 

I also wanted to share this photo cuz it was too cute. My Cat Maddie loves when I take pictures of my cards. She always wants to jump up on my table and join in.  This was so cute I just had to share!




She really liked my card and couldn't stop staring at it LOL. I hope you guys like it just as much as Maddie does.


PRIZES
As always we have some great prizes for those that join in the challenge. 
One lucky winner will be chosen by random.org to win the adorable Boris from Russia Stamp from the World Kids Collection and the Winner Blinkie to proudly display on their blog!



One lucky entry, chosen by the YNS DT, will win $5 in YNS Stamp Bucks (to spend on YNS stamps) and the Top Pick Blinkie to proudly display on their blog! [You must use a YNS stamp on your creation to be eligible to win the Top Pick prize].

Hope you guys come join in the fun :)

7 comments:

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Great card, but I think your cat is stealing the show this time around :>) What a cutie and what a personality!
It was fun joining you this month as a guest designer!

Dana Joy said...

LOVE IT!!! Great match with the video. Makes me want to watch the whole movie. LOL

Hugs
Dana

Crystal said...

This is sooo fabulous, LOVE your back to school card and that fun song!!! HEHEH I LOVE your kitty!!!

Karen (Your Next Stamp) said...

LMAO!!! I think your cat thinks Fhiona looks good enough to eat and she's waiting for her to jump off the card and run for a little fun! LOVE your song choice and your card really is YUMMY! Love it!
Hugs
Karen

DG said...

LOL @ Karen, You are right - she IS about the size of a mouse and my cat LOVES mice. She's always chasing them and killin' them too ekkk, and bring them to me. She may actually me waiting for Fhiona to start moving LMAO!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is just adorable! LOL I love how your cat is looking at your card!

Beth aka BR-T said...

This is a great card I love the design and fabulous papers!

ShareThis